- Located in a private conession within the Kruger National Park.
- Located on the Sabie River with amazing views from all suites, opportunity to view the famous BIG 5 of the Kruger National Park.
- Only 9 luxury suites therefore private and intimate experience.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyNo children under 10 years allowed
- PoolYes - Private Plunge Pool (not heated)
- SPAIn-room Massages
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes (Low Risk Area)
LocationKruger National Park, Mpumalanga
5 hour drive from Johannesburg. Bateleur & Federal Air operate daily flights from Johannesburg International Airport (JIA) to Skukuza Airstrip. Daily Airlink scheduled flights from Johannesburg to KMIA (Nelspruit), followed by a 2 hour road transfer. A road transfer from Hoedspruit Airport to the lodge will take approximately 3 hours.
Each lodge has 9 luxurious thatched 125m2 Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
SPECIAL OFFER RATES LISTED ABOVE ARE VALID FOR SA/SADC RESIDENTS ONLY.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SA/SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted above are only applicable to SA/SADC Residents. Special Discounted Offers for International Residents are available on request.
- Kruger National Park gate fees must be settled directly at the gate on entry into the park and are subject to change:
- South African Residents – Adult: ZAR 100 per adult per day & ZAR 50 per child per day.
- SADC Residents – Adult: ZAR 200 per adult per day & ZAR 100 per child per day.
- International Residents – Adult: ZAR 400 per adult per day & ZAR 200 per child per day.
- Kruger National Park gate entry times are as follows:
- Jan, Feb, Nov & Dec 05h30 – 18h30
- Mar & Oct 05h30 – 18h00
- Apr, Aug & Sep 06h00 – 18h00
- May, Jun, Jul 06h00 – 17h30
- All visitors who are 18 years and older, must produce a positive identity document for scanning in order to gain access to the Kruger National Park:
- SA Residents must produce their SA ID document or Driver’s Licence.
- Non SA Residents must produce their passports.
- Guest Conservation Contribution Fee of R 151.80 per person per night & Recovery and Rebuilding Levy of R 115 per person per night apply, which will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change)
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- Children under 10 years are not accepted at Lion Sands Narina Lodge.
- Children aged 10 – 15 years sharing with two full paying adults will pay less 50% of the per person sharing rate.
- Children 16 years and older will need to be in their own room and pay the adult rate.
About Lion Sands Narina Lodge
Tinga Private Game Lodge situated on the banks of the Sabie River in a private concession of the prime game-viewing area of the Kruger National Park. The Sabie River has the richest biodiversity of any South African river, and the Sabie River valley has the highest recorded density of leopards in Africa. This is due to the high density of impala in this area (95/km2). According to Dr Gus Mill (Research Fellow: SANParks), the area also has one of the highest predator densities in Africa. The Tinga concession is 5000 hectares of exclusive traversing along the Sabie and Sand Rivers, and sightings of the Big Five as well as general game are common. The area also has prolific birdlife, and a wondrous variety of fauna and flora. Over and above the exclusive traversing, Tinga also has access to the entire Kruger road network, allowing guests to visit sites of historical interest, and other landscapes. Game drives at Tinga are conducted in open safari vehicles. To ensure guest comfort, there is a maximum of six guests per vehicle. Tinga’s experienced guides and trackers also take guests on guided bush walks, where the fascinating aspects of Kruger, not visible from a vehicle, can be explored.
Narina has a distinctly more African feel. The main deck is on stilts overlooking the Sabie River, and the suites are connected by an elevated wooden walkway. The lodge comprises nine suites.
Game sightings are exceptional at Narina. In winter, elephant and buffalo are seen daily, with large herds making their way down to the river in a cloud of dust. Lion prides are frequently seen, lazing in the shade of large figs and leopards make an occasional appearance.
Resident wildlife includes bushbuck, nyala, kudu, warthog, baboons and vervet monkeys. Hippos and crocodiles are present in the river, and are often seen on the sandbanks. The large sycamore fig tree in front of the main deck attracts a myriad of birds, including broadbilled rollers, green pigeons, trumpeter hornbills and lilac-breasted rollers. Wood owls are often heard calling at night.
Features in the suites include private heated plunge pool, private viewing decks, double air-conditioners, underfloor heating, heated towel rails, ceiling fans, double showers (with Victorian Rose and Massage sprays), double basins, and separate toilet and bidet. There is also a satellite television and DVD player in each suite, discretely hidden behind tasteful wooden panelling so as not to disturb the aesthetic charm of the suite.
As a five-star luxury lodge, the emphasis is on providing a quality safari experience. Tinga Narina’s unique location also means that the game viewing is not limited to game drives and bush walks. Each of the suites has an unobstructed view of the Sabie River, and guests relaxing on their private viewing decks or in the heated plunge pools are often treated to wonderful sightings of wildlife coming down to the river. The winter months are especially productive as all surface water disappears, and the wildlife becomes more dependent on the river. Elephant and buffalo are daily visitors, with lions and leopards making occasional appearances. The suites are constructed in such a way that even when taking a bath or a shower, one still has a wonderful view of the bushveld.
Narina’s main focus is to provide a quality wildlife experience in an exclusive, relaxed environment. The suites are well spaced to guarantee privacy and one can savour the bushveld ambience without fear of human disturbance. The birdsong, riverine vegetation and the flowing river enhance the mood of tranquillity.
For those who require something extra, our full-time therapists offer a range of wellness treatments, which can be enjoyed in the privacy of the suites. and will ensure guests achieve a state of relaxation in keeping with their surroundings.
The Skukuza Golf course is located very close to the Tinga concession providing the unique opportunity to play a round of golf on a course where wildlife roams freely.
LION SANDS TINYELETI TREEHOUSE (SLEEP-OUT IN THE BUSH!)
(Maximum 4 Pax: two adults & two children)
From R 3,950.00 per person, per night sharing (children aged 10 – 15 pay 50% of the adult sharing rate).
Valid until 30 April 2022.
Please note, this rate is charged as an activity over and above the daily rate for accommodation at the respective Lion Sands lodges.
Tinyeleti Treehouse is fully equipped for your relaxation and you can expect all the comforts of a luxury stay – such as the option of a relaxing head massage.
Enjoy your choice of tapas or a full meal, and then settle in with a cocktail as the animals come to drink at sunset. The 50m2 deck can accommodate 4 people, and children are welcome. We will provide you with a torch, and, even though there is no electricity, you will find a few bars of cellphone signal. Expect to hear the constant rush of life from the Sabie River on your doorstep, as well as a few animals, night predators and birds chiming in.
Tinyeleti is an uninterrupted overnight experience that cannot be replicated, but that will most definitely be re-told. That is, if you can find the words to describe it. For us who have come here many times over, well, we’re still at a loss.
- Private heated plunge pool
- Private viewing deck
- Underfloor Heating
- Heated towel rails
- Ceiling fans
- Double showers (with Victorian Rose and Massage sprays)
- Double basins
- Separate toilet and bidet
- Satellite television
- DVD Player
- Take the N4 from Johannesburg to Nelspruit
- In Nelspruit take the R40 to White River/Hazyview
- In White River turn left at the set of traffic lights at the Toyota Garage (no signage here for Hazyview and Kruger National Park)
- At the set of traffic lights after the turn, turn right following signs to Hazyview/Kruger National Park
- Carry straight on, passing a set of traffic lights. At the second set of traffic lights turn left following signs to Hazyview
- In Hazyview proceed through the town until the turn off (right) for Kruger National Park (Kruger Gate – R536)
- Carry straight on with this road until you reach the Paul Kruger Gate, entrance to the Kruger National Park
- At the Paul Kruger Gate your name will be added to Tinga’s GUEST List therefore granting you free entry into the Paul Kruger National Park
- PLEASE PHONE THE LODGE TO ESTABLISH AN ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL
- After entering through the gates continue on the road to Skukuza
- At the first tar road to your left turn left following signs to Lion Sands Narina Lodge / Lake Panic
- Turn left at the first dirt road and proceed to reception