- Stituated close to Gauteng, Inzalo Safari Lodge is a brand new luxury tented oasis in the spectacular Welgevonden Game Reserve, a 34 000 ha Big Five, malaria-free game reserve in Limpopo.
- Inzalo, a Zulu name suggesting “to be reborn”, is situated along the crystal clear Sterkstroom River, where each of the five spacious tented safari suites offers panoramic views of the river and Sandstone cliff beyond.
- Safari experiences abound include daily game drives, on-site birding, river walks, track and sign identification, bush walks, visits to San paintings, bush picnics and more
- Inzalo offers a “luxury glamping experience” with each suite featuring a private deck with private splash pool overlooking the Sterkstroom River and well-stocked bar fridge.
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedElephant Fence
- Child PolicyChildren 12 years and older allowed
- Cellphone SignalNo
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationWelgevonden Private Reserve, Limpopo
2.5 hour drive from Johannesburg to the East Gate at Welgevonden Game Reserve
45 minute flight from Johannesburg into one of the Welgevonden reserve’s two airstrips
5 x Luxury Tented Safari Suites
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
Special discounted rates for exclusive use of the lodge are available on request.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Gate Collection times from the Welgevonden Game Reserve East Gate are between 12h00 & 12h45.The pick-up vehicle will depart at 12h45.
- Gate transfers other than the allocated time must be requested in advance with management & if available will be at an additional charge.
- Special pick up times are not possible during the game drive times: (06h00 to 10h00 and 15h00 to 19h00).
- Departure from the lodge is daily at 11h00 to 11h30 after the morning game drive and brunch.
- Rates exclude the Welgevonden Conservation Fee of R 180 per person per night which must be pre-paid upon booking. Rates are subject to change.
- Please request rates for single accommodation from your BushBreaks consultant.
- Children under 12 years are not permitted Inzalo Safari Lodge in the Welgevonden.
- Children 12 years and older pay the full adult rate.
- Children under 12 years are welcome when booking the lodge exclusively and may be allowed on game drives, at the discretion of the Game Ranger.
- There are no baby-sitting facilities.
About Inzalo Safari Lodge
Inzalo Lodge, a Zulu name suggesting “to be reborn”, is situated along the crystal clear Sterkstroom River, where each of the five luxurious tented safari suites provide panoramic views of the river and Waterberg sandstone cliff beyond. The main lodge is an airy and welcoming retreat, with large open spaces extending onto an expansive deck and bar area with spectacular views.
Privately owned and managed with a passionate and dedicated team, Inzalo Lodge offers the opportunity to escape, explore and submerge oneself in the daily rhythm of the African bush. Safari experiences abound and include daily game drives, on-site birding, river walks, track and sign identification, bush walks, visits to San paintings, bush picnics and more.
ABOUT THE ACCOMMODATION
Each custom-designed tented safari suites have been positioned to provide maximum privacy, solitude and breath-taking views. Each suite features a private deck with splash pool, en-suite bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers, spacious bedroom, lounge area, well-stocked bar fridge and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Luxury 50m 2 tent style suite which offer:
- A private viewing deck with plunge pool overlooking the Sterkstroom River
- En-suite bathroom with bath, shower, loo and double vanity
- Outdoor shower on the deck
- Mini bar with soft drinks, beers and wine (for own account)
- Tea/coffee making facilities (included in rate)
- King rooms include king-sized bed; twin rooms include two three-quarter beds (which can be prepared separately or converted to a King)
- Lounge area
- Wi-Fi in all tented suites only (not public areas)
- Other amenities: room safe, hairdryer & international plug points
About Welgevonden Game Reserve
Welgevonden is home to over 50 different mammals, including the Big Five. There are rare and unusual species too, such as brown hyena, pangolin, aardwolf and aardvark – all best seen at night.
The grassy plains abound with antelope from the largest eland to the diminutive duiker, and cheetah, lion and leopard are always close by. It is the diversity of habitat on the reserve that encourages such a wide range of wildlife as well as over 300 bird species, including rare blue cranes.
At 34,850ha in size, Welgevonden Game Reserve lies in the Waterberg plateau, about 250km north of Johannesburg. Here guests enjoy unlimited traversing through the reserve and experience an environment where biodiversity conservation and game viewing are managed in harmony. Welgevonden protects a unique and special environment and the reserve’s management is deeply committed to ongoing conservation research and development.
- Bush picnic
- Bush Walks
- Additional/specialist game drive, visit to bushman paintings
- On site birding, Tree Identification, River Walk, Watching the baboon troop come to roost,
- Track and sign identification
- *The above mentioned activities are at an additional cost and subject to availability.