- Perfectly positioned overlooking the lush Sand River, Inyati Game Lodge offers the ultimate safari experience by providing authentic Affrican hospitality & diverse wildlife
- With highly experienced & knowledgeable game rangers and trackers that drive specially designed safari vehicles which are allowed to go off road, guests are sure to have a unique Big 5 experience with unrivalled sightings of the elusive Leopard
- At Inyati guests are offered a wide range of safari activities including game drives, guided bush walks, boma dinners under the African sky & much more
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyNo children under 10 years allowed, unless the whole camp is booked exclusively
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaYes
LocationSabi Sand Game Reserve, Mpumalanga
Approximately 5 and a half – 6 hour drive from Johannesburg
Inyati Game Lodge is an intimate lodge with a total of 11 air-conditioned Luxury Chaletsnn8 x Luxury Chalets
3 x Luxury Family Chalets
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted above are valid for SA Residents only. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request.
- A Sabi Sand Gate entrance fee of R 310 per vehicle and R 140 per person is applicable and is payable directly at the Newington Gate. Valid until further notice and subject to change.
- A Sabi Sand Guest Conservation Contribution Fee of R 69 per person per night applies, which will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change)
- There will be a single supplement of 50% on the per person rate for single accommodation.
- The lodge does not allow children under the age of 10 years, unless the whole camp is booked exclusively and they will be charged the full applicable adult rates.
- Children 10 years and older are permitted on game drives at the guides discretion.
- Children above the age of 16 years may participate in walking safaris.
About Inyati Private Game Reserve
A uniquely & authentic African experience
Set on the beautiful & lush banks of the Sand River, Inyati Game Lodge provides guests with unforgettable memories due to the combination of diverse wildlife and homely African hospitality. Warm welcomes, comfortable chalets, hearty homestyle cuisine & highly experienced guides and trackers leave every guest with a breath-taking wildlife experience & an imprint in their soul of Africa’s great treasures. With a wide range of activities such as game drives, guided bush walks, fishing, boma dinners under the African sky and much more, each guest gets to enjoy the bush in everyway possible.
Luxury & Family Chalets
As the lodge strives to maintain the family ambience that it has become known for, they have a total of 11 luxury chalets, 3 of which are suitable for families and the other 8 being mainly for a maximum of 2 guests. Each chalet is tastefully furnished with uninterrupted views of the African Bush overlooking the Sand River.
The family chalets offer an extra length king-size bed, a double bed & a single bed making it perfect for families wishing to share and stay close to one another. While the standard luxury chalets also have an extra-length king size bed, they can also be converted into twin bedded rooms. All beds are protected with high quality mosquito nets providing a comfortable stay for each guest.
Every air-conditioned chalet features an en-suite bathroom with twin hand basins, separate bath, shower & toilet.
In the public lounging area guests are welcome to utilize the WiFi & satellite television
TreeTops Conference Facility
The TreeTops Conference Facility is set in the tops of the tree’s on the banks of the Sand River which is about 3km’s from the main lodge. It is the perfect venue to host intimate wedding ceremonies or corporare conferences. TreeTops offers the opportunity for focus meetings, yet provides the setting for complete relaxation at the end of the day.
- Air conditioning
- Indoor & outdoor shower
- Balcony / deck
- Dressing gowns
- Hair dryer
- Fan & heater
- Lounge area
- Mini bar
- Mosquito nets
- Tea & coffee making stations
- Game DrivesThe lodge is situated in the western sector of the Sabi Sand Wildturn, a private game reserve sharing a common unfenced boundary with the Kruger National Park. It is 50 000 hectares & is known for providing some of the best game viewing in Africa. As the reserve is not open to the general public, each private lodge has exclusive traversing rights over their area. The reserve has a dense conventration of wildlife & is home to the Elephant, Lion, Rhino, Leopard & Buffalo, which is more commonly known as the Big 5. Other common species such as Cheetah, Giraffe, Zebra, Wild Dogs and Antelope also inhabit this reserve./n/nLilizela Tourism has awarded Inyati Game Lodge with the “Best Visitors Experience Award for the Best Wildlife Encounters”. On game drives, guests are seated on an open game vehicle which can accommodate a maximum of 10 guests and are driven by experienced rangers & insightful trackers. With a range of over 9 000 hectares traversing wilderness no two game drives are ever the same.For guests wanting a more private and intimate game drive with loved ones, exclusive usage of safari vehicles can be arranged on request but is subject to availability.Animals are most active during the mornings & evenings, hence game drives are centered around that timeframe. Game drives last for about 3 hours & include a coffee stop for the morning safari and a sundowner stop for the evening. At Inyati safari’s are adjusted according to the seasons in order to maximise game-viewing opportunities & to ensure that each guest enjoys a comfortable & memorable experience.Bush WalksGuests who are over the age of 16 years can enjoy a fun and interactive bush walk with professionally trained guides who cater to the preferences & fitness levels of each guest whilst pointing out animal tracks, dung, hiding spots, rare birds & sharing details about the rich cultural history of the area.
Inyati Game Lodge offers fishing as an extra activity between game drives. All equipment is supplied by the lodge & is done in the Sand River which is home to over 37 species of fish. As safety is paramount, guests are always accompanied by a ranger or tracker.
There is no other paradise for photography other than Inyati Game Lodge as the ever-changing skies at dusk & dawn are always a moment one wants to capture. Photographers are permanently captivated by the fast moving lightning storms in the afternoon and the myraid of fascinating animals, birds & insects.
Young kids can enjoy an educational Young Rangers Programme when travelling with parents. In these interactive programmes kids will be taught how to use their full range of senses to fully appreciate the wonder of nature. At the end of each childrens stay, they will recieve a Inyati Young Rangers Certificate and will have learnt some of the following:
- How to do tricky bird calls & how plants use offensive smells to deter unwanted predators
- How to use the sense of touch to help identify some of the distinct tree species
- How to track & identify spoor (animal tracks) in order to find animals and avoid danger
- How to use the night sky as a map to find your way home
- How to use plants for everyday activities like brushing teeth, toothpaste, soap, food, toilet paper and even medicine
- From Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport take the R21 in the direction of Boksburg / East Rand. Then take the N12 towards eMalahleni (Witbank). This road becomes the N4 toll road to Nelspruit.
- Follow the N4 highway past Middleburg (Toll Plaza), eMakhazeni (Belfast) & Machadodorp (Toll Plaza). Follow the Schoemanskloof option on the N4 towards Nelspruit / Mbombela.
- Head east on N4 Nelspruit Northern Bypass. Slight left 270m then turn right toward R37. Go through one roundabout (1.1 km). At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto R37 (800m)
- Turn left onto Madiba Street 1.9 km and continue onto Provincial P9/2 Rd/R40 continue to follow the R40.
- Enter White River, along Chief Mgiyeni Khumalo drive, at the traffic light (Express Stores on your right ) turn left onto Theo Kleynhans Street (sign White River Country Estates) green sign – R40 Hazyview /R538 Numbi Gate and continue to follow R40 Hazyview. At the roundabout follow the R40 Phalaborwa
- Hazyview is about 45km from White River. As you approach Hazyview there is a T-Junction.
- Turn left at the T-junction following R40 .This road will take you into Hazyview Town.
- Carry on straight through the first set of traffic lights.
- In Hazyview – Turn right at the second set of traffic lights on to the R536 – Portia Shabangu Drive towards the Paul Kruger gate
- After approximately 34kms on the R536, there are signposts for Newington Gate Sabi Sands Game Reserve on the left hand side of the road. There will also be a green road sign indicating “Huntington Lilydale & Justicia”.
- Turn left on to the gravel road and drive for 9km until you find the 4 way intersection.
- Turn right at the 4 way intersection towards Newington Gate Sabi Sands and follow the road for another 3km.
- Turn left at the next Newington gate sign opposite the Preschool.
- Keep heading towards Newington gate which is where you will enter the Sabi Sand Reserve.
- Turn left once you have entered Newington Gate and follow all signposts to Inyati.